Top 10 Reasons to Check Out Our New Taproom on South Downing
Did you hear? We’ve just opened our third taproom location in the Rosedale neighborhood, right next to DU, Porter Hospital, and Harvard Gulch. It’s pretty awesome and we’re pretty psyched. If you are a Rosedale native, you know what a great little slice of Denver it is. We hope you stop in and say hi soon! And if you don’t live in the area, here are ten great reasons to head to our new spot on South Downing Street!
- This new spot has our biggest beer garden! And it’s great. You’ll find plenty of options in the sun, in the shade, at a big table, near the garden, or in a rocking chair around a cozy firepit.
- Hungry? Gotta check out DBC Eats. Chef Jeffrey Webb (who comes to us from Olivea, Coohills, Fruition, Il Posto, and The Kitchen Bistro, NBD) has an amazing menu of elevated comfort foods that pair perfectly with a beer. We’re offering table service so the goodness comes right to you.
- Speaking of food, everything on the DBC Eats menu is made from scratch in-house. Like our house-made aioli, ketchup and dipping sauces, or the wings we smoke on site, or our house-smoked pork sandwich…did we mention there are also duck-fat fries?! We’re sourcing our proteins locally, and making sure everything from our kitchen is sustainably sourced and crafted with love.
- Specialty beers on tap! The South Downing spot will have several rotating beers exclusive to the new taproom. Don’t worry, we’ll have your favorites on tap too, we aren’t leaving Graham Cracker Porter off the tap list. But you’ll be able to try some special brews like Downing Street Dubbel, Rosedale Golden Ale, Currant Events, Opacity Imperial Hazy IPA, Sunrise Sensei, and Pot o’ Gold Blonde Irish Stout.
- South Downing is the perfect spot for some apres-golf (is that a thing?!). We’re right down the street from Harvard Gulch, a great 3 par community course. We have just what you need after a round of golf on a warm summer night!
- Rumor has it that we’ll be turning the little building next door into an ice cream shop this summer. Chef Jeffrey has some pretty sweet beer-centric ice cream recipes up his sleeve, and of course all the classic family-friendly flavors too…
- Families are welcome! We created the space with the kiddos in mind…we expect they’ll be sprinting up and down the astroturf mound while their parents enjoy some adult bevies. And our DBC Eats menu has kids items too. Plus…the ice cream…
- DU Fans rejoice! We’re just a few blocks from the University of Denver, perfect for hanging out before games, after games, or any other university activities!
- Pat Milbery painted us another sweet mural. Denver visual artist Pat Milbery, who collaborated with us on the art for our Love This City Pilsner can, created an amazing mural inside the new taproom. You probably know and love his iconic mural art which is featured on buildings and walls all around the city. We are so thrilled to have this new piece in our taproom!
- We’re gonna throw a rager. Hopefully soon! Once we get the green light and we’re all on the other side of the pandemic, we’re going to throw a really big party at our new spot. Like a REALLY BIG PARTY. We all need something to look forward to, and someday soon we’ll celebrate this new spot in style.
Until then, we hope you come check out the new spot for some (COVID-safe) fun, delicious beers, excellent food, and good vibes. Cheers Denver!