Denver Beer Co. is seeking an Outside Events Coordinator
Outside Events/Promotions Coordinator (Part-Time)
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated Outside Events Coordinator for all Denver Beer Co Brands: Denver Beer Co, Cerveceria Colorado, and O&A Colorado Craft Hard Seltzer.
We are looking for a dynamic, fun, creative individual who loves beer and can help take our outside events and festivals to the next level! This person will be responsible for the logistics and execution of pre-determined outside events, festivals, community events/promotions, sales promotions & support, and hand sells. The candidate may also be asked to support and assist taproom events. A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics and execution of multiple events simultaneously. This person will report to the Sales Director, while also working closely with the Marketing Director and Events Director.
- Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as festivals, beer tastings, and activities from start to finish.
- Maintains an accurate schedule of our events and ensures all events are property staffed.
- Engages guests at events, describes beer flavors and ensures guests of events have a positive experience interacting with the DBC brands.
- Organizes, sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required. This includes carrying equipment from a vehicle and setting up tents all by yourself.
- Coordinates vehicles, load and unload equipment, setup requirements, etc.
- Performs basic office administrative functions and updates website/social accounts where necessary.
- Captures content from events to be used in social media.
- Supervises and organizes merchandise and promotional inventory
- May participate in hiring of promotions team members
- Facilitates logistics & planning of deployment of promotions team members
- Coordinate and oversee promotion events
- Maintaining positive relationships with vendors, other brewers and festival volunteers and staff.
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary.
- Logistics & Execution of 15-20+ Large Festivals/Events per Year
- Logistics & Participation of 8-10+ Hand Sells per Month
- Flexible Schedule with Availability Nights & Weekends
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects
- Performing job with and around moving machinery
- Passion for Craft Beer and Willingness to expand Knowledge
- Skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Excellent driving record, Drivers License & Proof of insurability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- 1-3 years experience in promotions and/or marketing and/or customer service
- High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications, Advertising or Marketing)
- Experience with events, festivals, marketings preferred
- A passion for beer and the “Colorado” active lifestyle.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Beverage/Alcohol industry experience or within a similar environment preferred
To apply for this job please do the following:
- Please write us a letter answering including the following:
- Please explain why this position is a fit for you and why are you a fit for us.
- Tell us about a time or situation where you went above and beyond expectations.
- Tell us about a time you demonstrated camaraderie.
- If you were a beer style, what beer would you be and why?
- Describe the best event or party you have coordinated or planned.
Application letters plus resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to applicants who resonate with our team and our culture.
Who We Are:
Independently owned and operated, Denver Beer Co. is founded on the core belief that beer is serious fun. Using locally sourced grain and the finest ingredients available, traditional methods and innovative spirit, our team creates craft beer that is approachable, fun, damn delicious and consistently wins awards to prove it. We believe in environmental stewardship and our corporate responsibility to operate sustainably, which is why we produce our beer using 100% clean solar power. We believe in creating and supporting an accepting community where good beer can be enjoyed with friends and neighbors, loved ones and strangers.