Denver Beer Co. is seeking an Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
Independently owned and operated, Denver Beer Co. is founded on the core belief that beer is serious fun. Using locally sourced grain and the finest ingredients available, traditional methods and innovative spirit, our team creates craft beer that is approachable, fun, damn delicious and consistently wins awards to prove it. We believe in environmental stewardship and our corporate responsibility to operate sustainably which is why we produce our beer using 100% clean solar power. We believe in creating and supporting an accepting community where good beer can be enjoyed with friends and neighbors, loved ones and strangers.
Who we are looking for:
We need someone with a “get it done” attitude for this position. The Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist position awaits a dynamic, self-motivated individual with just the right amount of attention to detail, affinity for all things numbers, and a love of debits and credits.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Data entry of account payables and receivables for multiple entities
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Email box
- Scan and manage physical invoices received to electronic form
- Create and manage vendors in the accounting system
- Prepare and mail annual 1099 filings
- Code all company and personal credit card expenses
- Initiate ACH transactions with various customers
Taxes & Reporting:
- Calculate and submit State and City Sales & Use taxes
- Prepare other various monthly state reports
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Enter/manage new employees and verify correct onboarding into the payroll system
- Assist with W2 information year end
- Able to clearly communicate with staff on a professional level while fostering personal relationships with your co-workers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong ability to quickly adapt and multitask
- Approachable and exudes a willingness to help the team
- Comfortable asking questions and presenting ideas
- Willingness to accept new challenges in a changing business environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prefer 3-5 year of Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, Word, Concur, Google and Adobe
We offer a competitive wage for this position. Hours will be flexible, however some meetings will be mandatory. Qualified candidates please submit a resume and answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why is this position a fit for you, and why are you a fit for us?
- What is your biggest strength and why is that an asset to our growing company?
- What would you like to learn most in the next 1-2 years?
- What is your favorite experience with craft beer?
- Would you say you are a detail person or a big picture person? Why or why not?