Denver Beer Co. is seeking a Director of Human Resources and Culture
Independently owned and operated, Denver Beer Co. is founded on the core belief that beer is serious fun. Using locally sourced grain and the finest ingredients available, traditional methods and innovative spirit, our team creates craft beer that is approachable, fun, damn delicious and consistently wins awards to prove it. We believe in environmental stewardship and our corporate responsibility to operate sustainably which is why we produce our beer using 100% clean solar power. We believe in creating and supporting an accepting community where good beer can be enjoyed with friends and neighbors, loved ones and strangers.
We need a human to lead our humans. Our ideal candidate has broad insight into our human capital. They know accounting, leadership, and what motivates people. They must have a strong business sense. We have a great culture but are looking to take it to the next level by building upon our standards and ensuring our team is both aligned and motivated by them. As our business grows, our needs are constantly changing. This person must know where we are going and ensure we have the right team members to take us where we want to be months before we get there. This person must know how to drive change while maintaining or improving morale.
- Ensure our culture thrives by reinforcing our standards daily
- Lead our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team
- Ensure all team members get accurate and timely performance feedback
- Ensure equal pay for equal work across the organization
- Respond and provide support to employees regarding various HR-related topics, including leave and compensation.
- Analyze compensation and benefits to ensure we are at or above industry standards
- Organize team building events and brings different departments together for comradery building
- Advocate for our employees and help out team feel valued and motivated
- Help coach our leaders to be better leaders of their teams
- Create a leadership course to ensure all managers are trained on leadership
- Ensure all employees are trained in their jobs and also have ongoing continual improvement training
- Help recruit great people to our team that live by our standards and advance our objectives
- Help our team with their individual career development. Help our team members grow with the organization or advance in our industry
- Curate continuing education resources and career development resources for team members
- Understand our human capital and identify our strengths and weaknesses
- Help with the hiring process. Perform screenings and bring great team members to our hiring managers
- Maintain compliance with Federal and State employment laws
- Be a resource for team members who need help resolving interpersonal issues
- Maintains employee personnel records
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- PHR or SPHR preferred
$70,000 – $110,000, Depending on Experience
Compensation for this position will be based on experience. We offer a competitive wage, health insurance, and 401K for this full time position. Qualified candidates please submit a letter with resume answering the below questions to Patrick@denverbeerco.com
- Tell us why this position is a fit for you, and why you are a fit for us.
- Describe how you have led an organization through the pandemic and what changes you have delivered to your organization over the last year.