Denver Beer Co is seeking a Taproom Brewer
Denver Beer Co is hiring a Brewer to operate our Olde Town Arvada taproom brewery. We have a 7 bbl brewhouse with 10 fermenters and 8 brite tanks at this facility. We also have a barrel aging program and create many fun, diverse, and innovative beers here.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with at least 2 years experience creating, brewing, cellaring, and promoting outstanding, fun, diverse beers
- Must be personable and able to communicate what beers we are making and why
- Someone who can handle working in a fast paced environment and still maintain attention to detail
- Multitasking and working efficiently is a necessity
- Must be able to manage inventory, yeast, and raw materials
- Must have knowledge and skills necessary to create a diverse group of beers
This is a dream job for the ideal candidate. We are looking for a self-starter with experience in both working with other brewers and working autonomously. You must be forward thinking and constantly be looking around the next turn. You must be technically sound. We want to make the best beer in the world and you are in charge of making beers that fit this standard. We are looking for you to help us move forward and create a portfolio of beers that are both challenging to experienced craft beer drinkers and approachable to the occasional beer drinker.
Independently owned and operated, Denver Beer Co. is founded on the core belief that beer is serious fun. Using locally sourced grain and the finest ingredients available, traditional methods and innovative spirit, our team creates craft beer that is approachable, fun, damn delicious and consistently wins awards to prove it. We believe in environmental stewardship and our corporate responsibility to operate sustainably which is why we produce our beer using 100% clean solar power. We believe in creating and supporting an accepting community where good beer can be enjoyed with friends and neighbors, loved ones and strangers.
- Brew 2-6 batches/week.
- Cellar beers on a daily basis
- CIP and sanitize all vessels
- Keg and organize beer inventory
- Create recipes for new beers
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Take meticulous notes and records on every aspect of the brewing process every time
- Manage multiple yeast strains in order to keep them happy and healthy.
- Educate other team members about your beers.
- Communicate with the rest of the team about releases, plans, and projects
- Minimum of 2 years of professional brewing experience.
- Formal brewing education preferred and recipe formulation experience necessary
- Demonstrated experience in brewing high quality beers
- Desire to build, enrich, and further define the quality reputation of Denver Beer Co.
Pay Range: $20-$24/hour, depending on experience
We offer a very competitive wage and benefits package. To apply for this job please do the following:
- Please write us a letter as to why you are the best fit for the culture of Denver Beer Co.
- Please send us a recipe and brew notes of a beer of which you are proud or a story about the best beer you’ve made and why it was so fantastic.
Application letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to applicants who resonate with our team and our culture.