DENVER BEER CO – BREWER
Do you love the smell of yeast, mashed grains and boiling wort? Dreaming of a job brewing delicious craft beer and working with a kick-ass team? Are you a Jack/Jill of all trades who lives for systems and detail oriented tasks, who sees a problem and gets excited about the fix? Do you enjoy wearing boots and PPE to work and coming home soaked in beer? If you answered yes, yes and yes, we’d love to meet you! We’re looking to add a talented and experienced Brewer to our team, and help Denver Beer Co grow into our second decade. You need to be a self-starter who excels in both collaborating with a team and working independently to be successful at DBC. We want to make the best beer in the world and get our beer into as many peoples hands as possible – you’d be responsible for producing beers that fit this standard!
- Show us your style! Tell us why this gig is a great fit for you, and why you are a fit for us.
- What are your favorite styles of beer to brew? Why?
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Wage range $19 to $21 per hour (DOE)
- Paid Time Off – 3 weeks annually
- Paid Holidays – 7 days annually
- Health Insurance with Company sponsored HRA
- 401(k) with Company match
- FREE BEER!
- FREE SCHWAG!
- Employee Discount
- Full Time – Flexible Schedule
WHO ARE WE? An independently owned and operated craft brewery, Denver Beer Co was founded 10 years ago on the core belief that beer is serious FUN. Our team creates approachable and damn delicious beer that is made with the finest locally sourced grain and produced using 100% clean solar power. We foster a safe, inclusive, and team oriented culture for our people and community. denverbeerco.com
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional brewing experience is a MUST!
- Prior experience brewing, cellaring, and understands the fundamental principles of making great beer
- Professional brewing education and/or certification (or equivalent on the job experience)
- Prior experience using Ekos brewery management system is a PLUS!
- Comfortable working on different brewing systems (7 BBL taproom to 30 bbl production facilities)
- Prior experience with a centrifuge is a PLUS!
- Demonstrated experience in brewing high quality craft beers using traditional brewing methods
- Thrives in a fast paced environment yet maintains attention to detail
- Technical aptitude and adherence to 5S principles
- Able to work smart, multitask, and understand time efficiency
- Able to follow, improve, and create SOPs focused on efficiently brewing consistent, quality beer
- Able to frequently and repeatedly lift heavy materials and full kegs
- Occasional weekend and evening brew schedule to meet production demands
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Daily brewing duties (milling, mashing, lautering, raw materials, fermentation, filtration, carbonation, and CIP)
- Monitor fermentation, dry hops and other cellaring duties
- Manage different yeast strains (harvest, sample & pitch) in order to keep them happy and healthy
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment (including CIP and sanitation of all vessels)
- Perform Lab Sampling Duties & QA with follow up
- Perform routine maintenance activities throughout brewery
- Brew the best beer in the world and be a Denver Beer Co ambassador