Our Top 5 Tent Camping Spots in Colorado
Summer is coming! We can’t wait for outdoor adventures, the smell of a pine forest, and the chance to sip our gold medal winning Graham Cracker Porter next to a warm campfire. And we want to make all your outdoor adventure dreams come true. So we’re giving away a FREE Big Agnes Tent, because summer… and Colorado… and Graham Cracker Porter.
But, where to take that tent on its first adventure? Well today’s your lucky day, we’re sharing our top 5 spots to pitch a tent, start a little campfire, and chill with a can of Graham Cracker Porter. Even if you aren’t the lucky winner of the tent, we hope you get out there this season and enjoy the wilderness!
So without further ado, our top spots to pitch a tent in Colorado are:
- Red Mountain Pass – Red Mountain Pass is an amazing summer adventure that should be on every Coloradan’s bucket list. The 13-ish mile backpacking trek spans the pass between Vail and Silverthorne and takes you through incredible mountain scenery. We like to start in Vail and hike towards Silverthorne. Pitch the tent at the halfway point just on the far side of the pass near alpine lakes and waterfalls and endless wildflowers.
- Flattops Wilderness – This remote area of Colorado is not on most folk’s radar…which is what makes it so great. There are literally hundreds of lakes to choose from and thousands of acres of public land to park your car and pitch a tent. Just remember to bring your friends and your SUP, its sure to be an epic weekend.
- Turquoise Lake – When Denver gets hot, like SUPER hot, Turqoise Lake near Leadville is the place to go. There are several developed campgrounds around the lake, hiking and biking trails, and beautiful mountain scenery. Plus the high elevation keeps it cool when the frontrange gets too hot.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison – For one of Colorado’s most spectacular and Instagram-worthy views, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is hard to beat. Here you’ll find a spectacular canyon, some of the world’s best fly fishing, and great hiking to beat. Pro-tip – head out to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison in early August so you can snag a couple of crates of fresh Colorado peaches in Palisade on the way home.
- Telluride Town Park – OK, not exactly a wilderness experience since you are walking distance to the best music festival of the summer and some great restaurants, BUT, the Telluride Town Park has incredible mountain scenery, easy access to endless trails, and a beautiful little creek running next to it. It’s the best of both worlds in our book!
So, now that you’re jazzed for summer and ready to plan a road trip…how do you get that tent? Easy. Now through May 15, 2019 you can enter to win a FREE Big Agnes Blacktail 2 Tent. Entering to win is super simple. Either fill out the form at the bottom of this page, or buy a 6-pack of Graham Cracker Porter from either our Platte Street or Arvada taprooms. Our beertenders will collect your name/email at the taprooms so you’ll be entered to win. Limit of one entry via the form on this page, but unlimited entries via 6-pack purchases of Graham Cracker Porter in our taprooms.
Our winner of the Big Agnes Blacktail 2 Tent will be announced on May 15! Just in time for you to pack your bags, a 6-pack of Graham Cracker Porter, your new TENT, and head for the hills! Cheers to camping season!
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Must be 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Open to legal residents of the contiguous United States and D.C. Void where prohibited. Winner will be selected randomly from pool of entrants.