Denver Beer Co. is seeking a Packaging Manager
Denver Beer Co. is seeking a full-time Packaging Manager
The idea behind Denver Beer Co is simple. Good beer is best enjoyed with friends, fresh air, and a bit of adventurous spirit to sharpen the palate. Our craft brewery specializes in artisan and seasonal varieties of premium ales and lagers made from the best ingredients around. Brewed with traditional methods and innovative spirit, our beer is always fresh and flavorful. At Denver Beer Co. we believe life is fun.
Denver Beer Co is a local brewery in the heart of Denver. We are growing and looking for a new team member. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, fun, and ambitious. Passion for beer is a must.
Who we are looking for:
We need someone with a “get it done” attitude for this full time position. Someone who can participate in our packaging runs and see the big picture. It’s important to notice details, and be able to problem solve on the fly. The camaraderie of the packaging team is strong and working well with others is a necessity. A packaging run can go from smooth to stressful in a matter of moments and we need someone who can think on their feet and find and implement solutions with confidence. We are super proud at the end of each day of what we have accomplished and want you to feel that way as well.
We are in need of a Packaging Manager. We have been packaging draught beer since 2012, cans since 2014, and are now ready to take our packaging team to the next level. Do you enjoy a fast paced working environment with different duties throughout the day? Are you up to the challenge of measuring and improving processes? Are you ready to jump on a problem that suddenly pops up and get it fixed quickly and efficiently? Great, hop on our team. We are optimistic about the future and need a team member that feels the same way.
- Writing the packaging schedule for the packing team
- Staffing the packaging team, using both employees and contract labor
- Be responsible for aggregating our Distributor shipments
- Perform packing materials inventory on a regular basis
- Ensuring EKOS production software is accurate and up to date for all packing runs and inventory
- Responsible for production metrics, Hours of labor per CE packed, CEs made on can run days, downtime on canline, etc
- Make staffing and production changes to accomplish these metrics
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Lead the team through the DBC values, maintain a positive attitude and ensure team morale strong
- Lead the team while maintaining our fun culture
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with rotary can lines and high speed packaging equipment
- Three years experience managing a team
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Able to adapt quickly and comfortable leading change
- The Canworks brewery is loud and wet.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day).
- Able to frequently lift heavy materials (minimum 55 lb. boxes shoulder high up to 50 times daily) and full kegs
We offer a competitive wage for this full time (about 40-50 hrs/week) position. Hours will be flexible, however some meetings will be mandatory. Qualified candidates please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us why this position if a fit for you, and why are you a fit for us.
- Tell us about a time you led a team to fix a problem.
- How do you maintain warehouse cleanliness?