Denver Beer Co. is seeking a Tap Room General Manager
The idea behind Denver Beer Co is simple. Good beer is best enjoyed with friends, fresh air, and a bit of adventurous spirit to sharpen the palate. Our craft brewery specializes in artisan and seasonal varieties of premium ales and lagers made from the best ingredients around. Brewed with traditional methods and innovative spirit, our beer is always fresh and flavorful. At Denver Beer Co. we believe life is fun.
Denver Beer Co is hiring a Tap Room General manager to oversee all aspects of our Platte St taproom. The General Manager is responsible for all the front of house staff, trains, schedules, and supports them. Ordering inventory, reporting, and planning are daily tasks. You will be responsible for managing the cash deposits and reconciling the POS regularly. Working at our taproom means interacting with customers, solving unexpected problems, and cleaning(!) as well. This position will include regularly working beertending shifts.
Who we are looking for –
We want an organized, motivated, fun person to step into our operation, learn the ropes quickly, and take us to the next level. We need a leader, someone who can coach, be coached, and guide our front of house culture. You must have a passion for beer, experience managing a team, and a “get it done” attitude. We are proud of our culture, and would like someone who understands and can contribute to our vision of where we want to be. Can you multitask seven different things, get interrupted, and get all of them accomplished? Do you like having people rely on you to do the things you say you will do? Can you hold others accountable to do what they say they will do? We always are changing, tweaking, and improving our processes, so a flexible attitude is a must. We need someone with an appreciation for great beer. (BJCP judge, Cicerone Beer Server Certification or homebrewer preferred)
- Lead the team with the Denver Beer Co Values. Create a fun work environment where your team can thrive!
- Be the champion of customer experience on the floor.
- Create and maintain Opening and Closing Procedures
- Keep Inventory of swag, glassware, cleaning supplies, etc..
- Schedule team members shifts
- Keep POS machine running smoothly
- Ensure tap room is clean
- Handle customer issues, complaints, phone calls
- Work with event coordinator to ensure all events are staffed properly and with sufficient lead time
- Interview and train new front of house team members
- College degree
- 5 years in the hospitality industry
- Proven leadership and experience directing a team
- Leadership and motivational abilities necessary
- Computer proficiency (extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email)
We offer a competitive wage, health insurance, and 401K for this full time position. We pride ourselves on a good work life balance. Qualified candidates please submit the following to email@example.com
- Tell us why this position if a fit for you, and why you are a fit for us.
- What is your biggest strength and why is that an asset to our growing company?
- What would you like to learn most in the next 3-5 years?
- Tell us about a time when you demonstrated leadership.