Denver Beer Co is seeking a Packaging Tech
Denver Beer Co. – Packaging Tech
Who we are looking for:
We are in search of someone with a “get it done” attitude for this position, who can participate in high speed packaging and warehousing duties. Someone who possesses a keen attention to details with a focus on safety and quality are a must. A positive attitude is required and a proven record of technical troubleshooting is desired. The team first culture of this team is strong, and working well with others is necessary. Production runs are fast paced, high stress, and unpredictable and we need someone who can think on their feet and find and implement solutions with confidence. At the end of each day we are proud of what we do and want you to feel the same.
- Safety First
- Quality Always
- Efficiency Forever
The core responsibilities of the packaging team is to fill and package cans, kegs and bottles in a safe, high quality, efficient way while maintaining a clean, organized environment packaging runs occur several times a week and can last for 6-13 hours. During a run, packaging techs rotate through several positions. Responsibilities include maintaining and adjusting line equipment, loading materials, palletizing cases and performing process quality checks. We also keg several times per week. Kegging consists of a manual process of cleaning, handling and filling kegs. This can be very labor intensive and physical. We run our bottling line for specialty batches on an periodic basis. Bottling responsibilities include loading, rinsing, filling and labeling bottles.
In addition, the position requires
- A strong focus on overall safety of the team
- Ability to safely operate an industrial fork truck
- Maintain general cleanliness of the brewery
- Maintain packaging equipment through PM execution, Corrective maintenance activities and work order creation
- Assemble and deliver customer orders
- Ability to report production performance metrics
- Log material inventory receipts and maintain warehouse organization
- Inventory cycle counting accuracy
- Perform basic cellar operations
- Ability to learn PQC checks and perform the checks regularly
- Ability to follow, write and improve SOP’s
- Aid in training as necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with other departments
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Contribute to the team to elevate our performance
- Maintain First In First Out (FIFO) standards
- Manage inventory and storage needs
- Perform inventory deliveries between multiple sites
- Ability to lift and maneuver half barrel kegs
- Passion for beer
- Flexible schedule with the freedom to work long days
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- The Canworks brewery is loud, wet, fast paced and unpredictable.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day).
- Able to frequently lift heavy materials (minimum 55 lb. boxes shoulder high up to 50 times daily) and full kegs.
Who We Are:
The Denver Beer Co. Crew consists of strong, performance driven teams. We create premium craft beers, utilizing the freshest ingredients to create both innovative and old world styles of beer. Denver Beer Co. is a local brewery in the heart of Denver. We are growing and looking for a new team member. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, possess a willingness to learn, and be a natural problem solver. Passion for beer is a must. We love making new friends and hanging with old ones!
Do you think you would like to join our team? Qualified candidates please submit your resume and the attributes you’ll bring to the DBC Crew that separates you from other candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org.