Cerveceria Colorado is seeking a Tap Room General Manager
Cerveceria Colorado celebrates the traditions, cuisine, and culture of Mexico. We utilize traditional Mexican ingredients, flavors, and processes to create innovative styles of beer. We believe beer is inclusive, collaborative, celebratory. Our beer is brewed to be shared with family and neighbors, and create bridges (not walls) in our communities.
Cerveceria Colorado is a new concept that will launch as an offshoot from an existing Colorado brewing company. It is supported by a strong team with experience in operating on premise taprooms and growing brands. It is located in central Denver.
The General Manager will be responsible for hiring and training a team of front of house staff to serve and represent the brand at the taproom. The General Manager will manage the team, create and lead the culture, and maintain a fantastic customer experience. The General Manager will also be integral in marketing the brands and occasionally assist an existing sales team with off site events promoting the brand.
The General Manager has wide-reaching responsibilities and will need to bring a diverse skill set to the table. Responsibilities include:
- Interview and Hire a Front of House bar team
- Hire 5-7 bartenders
- Write and implement a training schedule
- Write a schedule – The General Manager will be responsible for maintaining a front of house schedule at least 14 days in advance at all times.
- Work shifts at the Taproom
- Pour beer and ensure guest have a excellent experience
- Ensure both guest and employee experiences are above expectations.
- Create Opening and Closing Procedures as well as communicate daily tasks and projects
- Manage bartenders
- Hold annual reviews and work together to set goals and recognize and reward performance
- Train bartenders on beer
- Enable bartenders to pass the Cicerone Certified Beer Server test
- Push staff to continued education on beer production as well as service practices
- Work with Marketing department to create and execute in house events that build the brand.
- Occasionally work with the Sales team to setup, pour, and promote the brand in the local market.
- 3 years of bar/restaurant management experience
- Proficiency/Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Passion for beer and Beer knowledge (BJCP judge, cicerone certification preferred)
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to lift and maneuver full kegs
We offer a competitive wage, health insurance, and 401K for this full time position. We pride ourselves on a good work life balance. Qualified candidates please submit the following to email@example.com
- Tell us why this position if a fit for you, and why you are a fit for us.
- What is your biggest strength and why is that an asset to our growing company?
- Tell us about a time that you went over and above.
- What motivates you?